So, you’ve been trying to get pregnant for a while now with no luck. Month after month of disappointment and frustration…
Enough is enough – it’s time to take matters into your own hands and give your fertility a boost. In this blog, we’ll share fertility hacks recommended by experts that work.
Keep reading to discover magic ways you can improve your fertility starting today.
Eat a Fertility-Friendly Diet
Want to boost your fertility? Start with your diet. The foods you eat have a direct impact on your fertility and ability to conceive. Here are some of the top fertility-friendly foods you should be eating:
- Load up on whole grains like quinoa, farro, and brown rice. They’re packed with folate, iron, and B vitamins which are essential for reproductive health and cell growth.
- Snack on nuts, especially walnuts. Nuts contain healthy fats that are great for fertility. Walnuts, in particular, are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids which can help regulate hormones and promote ovulation.
- Eat more beans and legumes such as lentils, chickpeas, and black beans. They’re high in fiber, protein, iron, folate, and zinc. All of these nutrients are important for boosting fertility and maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
- Add more leafy green veggies like spinach and kale to your meals. Leafy greens are one of the best sources of folate which is vital for fertility and preventing birth defects. They also contain antioxidants, iron, and calcium.
- Choose organic, grass-fed meat and wild-caught fish whenever possible. Meat and fish contain protein, iron, zinc, and B vitamins which are essential for fertility and hormonal balance. However, you want to avoid added hormones and toxins which can negatively impact fertility.
In addition to eating a balanced diet with the right mix of nutrients, maintaining a healthy weight, reducing stress, limiting alcohol, and quitting smoking can also significantly improve your fertility. Making even small changes to your lifestyle and diet can have big payoffs when you’re trying to conceive. Keep at it and stay positive – you’ve got this!
Reduce Stress Levels
Want to boost your fertility? One of the best things you can do is chill out. Seriously, stress can wreak havoc on your hormones and menstrual cycle, making it harder to conceive. Here are a few ways to reduce anxiety and increase your chances of getting pregnant:
- Limit caffeine and alcohol. Both can exacerbate feelings of stress and anxiety. Cut back to 1 cup of coffee per day and avoid binge drinking. Your reproductive system will thank you.
- Get some exercise. Go for a walk or jog, do some light strength training, swim, or bike ride. Exercise releases feel-good hormones that combat stress and boost fertility. Aim for 30-60 minutes of moderate activity most days of the week.
- Try relaxation techniques. Deep breathing, meditation, and visualization can work wonders for melting away tension and worry. Spend just 10-15 minutes a day focused on calming your mind and body. Your fertility will skyrocket as your stress levels plummet.
- Seek professional help if needed. If you’re having trouble coping, talk to a therapist or counselor. They can provide advice and tools tailored to your situation to help you healthily relieve stress. Your mental and reproductive well-being will benefit.
Reducing stress is one of the most impactful things you can do to increase your chances of conceiving. Make self-care, moderation, exercise, and relaxation part of your daily routine and you’ll be well on your way to boosting your fertility in no time. Stay positive – your baby is worth it!
Limit Environmental Toxins
Use natural cleaning and personal care products
Harsh chemicals found in many conventional cleaning supplies, cosmetics, and personal care products have been linked to fertility issues. Switch to all-natural alternatives, and look for products that are fragrance-free and specifically for sensitive skin. Check the labels and avoid parabens, phthalates, triclosan, and synthetic fragrances.
Improve indoor air quality
We breathe in a lot of pollutants in the environments we live and work in every day. Make sure you have good ventilation and consider using an air purifier with a HEPA filter to remove chemicals, allergens, and other particles. Houseplants can also help naturally filter the air and increase humidity. Some recommended plants for boosting fertility are spider plants, peace lilies, and Chinese evergreens.
Exercise is so important for your fertility and overall health. Working out helps keep your hormones in balance and your reproductive system functioning properly. Aim for 30 to 60 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week. Walking, jogging, yoga, and strength training are all great options.
Be sure to stay active, as any movement helps. Even taking the stairs instead of the elevator and parking further away from stores to get some extra steps in can make a difference. Exercise increases blood flow to your reproductive organs, which helps ensure your eggs are getting the oxygen and nutrients they need. It also helps you maintain a healthy weight, which is key for fertility. Both being overweight and underweight can negatively impact your chances of conceiving.
Exercising regularly also helps reduce stress levels, and too much stress can disrupt your menstrual cycle and make it difficult to get pregnant. Try to find physical activities you genuinely enjoy so you can stick with them long-term.
If possible, exercise with your partner so you can motivate each other. Some couples find that exercising together also helps bring them closer emotionally, which never hurts when trying to conceive.
Staying active and fit will increase your fertility by:
- Improving blood flow to reproductive organs
- Releasing feel-good hormones that combat stress
- Keeping hormone levels balanced
- Helping achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Boosting energy and mood
- Bringing couples together through shared interests
Making exercise a priority is one of the best gifts you can give yourself and your fertility. Start today by going for a 30-minute walk or trying out a beginner yoga video. Your body and future baby will thank you!
Track Your Menstrual Cycle
To increase your chances of getting pregnant, start tracking your menstrual cycle. Your cycle refers to the first day of your period to the day before your next period. Most women have cycles that range from 28 to 35 days. Knowing the length and pattern of your cycle helps you pinpoint when you’re ovulating and most fertile.
There are a few ways to track your cycle:
- Use a calendar to record the start and end dates of your period each month. Over a few months, you’ll see your cycle pattern emerge which will help predict ovulation.
- Take your basal body temperature each morning before getting out of bed. Your temperature will increase slightly, about 0.5 to 1 degree, around ovulation. This method works best if you track for a few months to establish your pattern.
- Use ovulation predictor kits, which detect surges in the hormone that triggers ovulation. Start testing a few days before you expect to ovulate based on your cycle. A positive result means you’ll likely ovulate in 12 to 36 hours, so get busy!
- Monitor your cervical mucus for changes. As you approach ovulation, your mucus will become clear, slippery, and stretchy—like raw egg whites. This is a sign you’re fertile and ovulating is near.
- Consider fertility apps and trackers, which provide an easy way to record all these methods in one place. Many use algorithms to predict your fertile window each month.
Knowing when you ovulate is key to timing intercourse or insemination during your most fertile days. While the average woman with a regular 28-day cycle ovulates around day 14, every woman’s cycle is different. Tracking your own unique cycle and fertility signs is the most accurate way to pinpoint your ovulation and boost your chances of getting pregnant.
So, there you have it, some simple lifestyle changes and natural remedies to boost your fertility and give yourself the best chance of getting pregnant. Remember, be patient and consistent, as it can take several months of regular practice of these tips for your fertility levels to increase and your menstrual cycle to become more regular.
But stick with it and stay positive. Before you know it, you’ll be holding that positive pregnancy test in your hands. Now go take your prenatal vitamins, schedule some alone time with your partner, cut back on the coffee, and start visualizing that baby you’ve been dreaming about. You’ve got this!
These natural fertility tips do work – trust in your body’s ability to do what it was made for. Best of luck and baby dust to you!